Vice Chair Introduction: Dhruv Mandal

Hello delegates!

My name is Dhruv Mandal and I'm honored to be serving as a Vice Chair for the World Health Organization (WHO) this year at conference!


As of right now, I am a freshman studying public health and political science at UC Berkeley and this is my first year with the BMUN organization. When I was in high school in New Jersey, one of my most cherished activities was delegating and chairing with my state's chapter of YMCA Model United Nations, and I am blessed to be able to further my love for international relations in college. Outside of BMUN, I am a caseworker for the Suitcase Clinic, a nonprofit that provides holistic services for the homeless, and I am a volunteer clerk for the Centerforce Youth Court, a leading reentry service provider in San Francisco. 


Personally, I love the study of medicine and public health because it forces society as a whole to re-evaluate the spread of disease and make necessary upgrades to health infrastructure with the goal of bettering healthcare globally, which is why I'm so excited for WHO's topics and can't wait for delegates to debate them.


Don't hesitate to message me if you have any questions at all about BMUN, WHO, or even about Berkeley itself!


I'll see you all at conference, delegates!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Role of Private International Actors in Public Health

Eradicating Neglected Tropical Diseases

Reconstruction in South Sudan